Home > Careers > We Are Hiring!
Rambus, a premier chip and silicon IP provider, is seeking to hire an exceptional Sr Princiapl Analog and Mixed-Signal Design Engineer to join our IP Cores Design team in Toronto, Canada. Candidates will be joining some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to develop products that make data faster and safer.
As a Sr Principal Analog and Mixed-Signal Design Engineer, the candidate will be reporting to the Director of Engineering and is a Full-Time position.
• Integrated circuit designer with at least ten years of previous work experience.
• Will work on analog circuit design for next-generation Serializers and Deserializers (SerDes) and products in the latest CMOS FinFET technologies.
• Work with communications concepts of feed-forward equalization, decision-feedback equalization, linear equalization, and clock and data recovery.
• Experience with SerDes or Analog Front-End receivers is an asset. • Experience with analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) is an asset.
• Design circuits using mathematical equations, and code your own system models to support your design.
• Review analog schematics to help customers debug issues with the implementation of the PHY IP in their design.
• Review data from customers and existing IP performance against documented IP design targets and electrical interface standards, including IEEE Ethernet, OIF-CEI, and PCIe.
• Work in the lab to support your designs and projects.
• Work experience designing CMOS integrated circuits.
• Work experience with, communications theory, including the concepts of frequency domain modeled in the Z-domain or S-domain, convolution, and auto-correlation.
• Post-secondary degree in electrical engineering with specialization in integrated circuit design. Has preferably completed a tape-out of an integrated circuit as part of a graduate project, and published the results, or comparable work experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of electrical interface standards such as IEEE Ethernet, OIF-CEI, and PCIe is an asset.
• Silicon debug and troubleshooting skills are desirable.
• A high degree of self-motivation and personal responsibility.
• The ability to work well within a team environment.
With 30 years of innovation and semiconductor expertise, Rambus leads the industry with products and solutions speed performance, expand capacity and improve security for today's most demanding applications. From data center and edge to artificial intelligence and automotive, our interface and security IP, and memory interface chips enable SoC and system designers to deliver their vision of the future.
Rambus offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, and time-off program. Rambus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Rambus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may let us know in the application.
For more information about Rambus, visit rambus.com. For additional information on life at Rambus and our current openings, check out rambus.com/careers/.