Home > Careers > We Are Hiring!
Rotterdam | Netherlands
At Rambus, we are turning incredible possibilities into everyday reality by helping to deliver the innovations that greatly impact the world we live in. We create leading-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security and smart sensors. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems around the globe, running critical applications for Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, consumer and media platforms.
And our history runs deep – we have been a staple in Silicon Valley for the past 25 years and are continually anticipating key technology trends and are developing innovations that drive market changes. From a pure IP provider to becoming a fabless chipmaker, Rambus is evolving to address critical challenges in the semiconductor industry.
As a dynamic organization, we are always seeking to hire exceptional talent to join some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to explore their passions to develop products that have real life impact.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide system administration and server support in a Linux Operating system, mainly Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Optionally IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris.- Build, configure and deploy IT infrastructure for internal Development team and automate where possible (Ansible).
- Maintain and support DevOps specific IT needs as new projects arise and/or change.- Responsible to maintain the environment ensuring continued stability, security and compliance with IT platform services infrastructure standards, policies and processes.
- Provide maintenance and support for source control systems including Git.- Provide maintenance and support for automated build street including Jenkins, Nexus, Jira and Hipchat.- Utilize VMWare ESX virtualization environment for deploy and run Linux virtual machines.
- Maintain excellent documentation of IT related manual and automated tasks and environment.
- Interface with corporate IT to leverage resources and serve as IT proxy for Engineering needs.- Foster Engineering IT growth and development by identifying IT infrastructure improvements and following through with implementations.- Prioritization of tasks will be identified and assigned by Engineering department specific managers.- Support Engineering in expansion to SaaS deployments of the company products in private and public clouds based on Docker for the purpose of development, testing and production.
Qualifications:- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware/software and client/server applications in a Linux OS environment
- 8+ years administering and supporting linux/unix systems in enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge in automation, preferably with Ansible.
- Experience supporting Virtual Infrastructure Environments
- Proven ability to accomplish projects and tasks without direct supervision of management.
- Willingness to learn and support growing IT infrastructure of internal business unit.
- Ability to work closely with other teams across globally and see projects through to completion.
- Define and maintain services using Kubernetes, Docker and knowledge on Jenkins,- Exposure on Red hat JBoss, IBM WebSphere and Apache Tomcat application platforms.- Exposure on Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and MySQL database platforms.- Exposure on Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Quest VAS and Exceed-On-Demand.- Systems and application monitoring and performance tuning knowledge a plus